- Any changes to registration can ONLY be done during in-processing on 23 or 24 March.
Any changes to registration will incur a $50 fee.
- ALL Marchers (Individuals, teams & honorary) receive T-shirt, commemorative dog tag, certificate of participation, drawstring sports bag and post event meal.
- No packet pick up the day of the march. You will receive ONLY a bib with a chip attached. If you do not have this chip or a bib you can NOT do the march. If you do not have a bib you will be removed from the course by security.
- Refunds will NOT be authorized once registered.
- You can NOT start the course if you arrive late. Be sure you are in the lineup for the opening ceremony at 6:35 a.m., NO EXCEPTIONS for late starters.
- When you arrive at White Sands Missile Range please allow extra time while at the gate because of security procedures. All vehicles are subject to search. Be prepared to show photo identification, vehicle registration and proof of insurance (or rental car contract). We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Changes may ONLY be made during in-processing/packet pickup Friday, March 23 or Saturday, March 24. All fees must be paid at that time.
There will be a $50 fee for any changes made to any registration. This includes:
- Change to team members
- Transfer of a bib number from one individual to another. This also requires a confirmation number
- Converting a team to 5 individuals (change fee applies to each individual)
- Switching from one category to another. Also switching from full to honorary and vice versa.
- Changing an individual registration into a team registration will not be accepted at in-processing. In the event that you have registered individually and would like to form a team instead, you must forfeit your individual registration and re-register your team. You will NOT receive a refund for the individual registration and must also pay the team registration fee. THIS MAY ONLY BE DONE PRIOR TO THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are Hi Tech boots allowed?
A. Yes. They are encouraged to help prevent foot injuries.
Q. Is water and first aid available along the route?
A. There are 12 water points along the route. There are also several first aid stations.
Q. Are there portable toilets along the route?
A. There are 180 portable toilets along the route. We do suggest that you bring a bottle of hand sanitizer and/or baby wipes.
Q. How old must you be to participate?
A. Minimum age to participate is 9 years old providing the individual is registered and marching with a parent/guardian or a member of the family who is 18 years or older.
Q. Are strollers allowed on the route?
A. No. This includes jogging and baby strollers.
Q. Are pets allowed on the route?
A. No. Pets are not permitted on the course or at the march site. Exceptions are made for working dogs.
Q. What is the maximum time allowed to complete the march?
A. ALL marchers must be off the route at 8:00 p.m.
Q. I’m entering a non-military category – what type of shoe/boot do you recommend?
A. It really depends upon your goal. If you are running for time, you want a solid running shoe. If you are walking, you might consider a lightweight hiking boot. What ever type of footwear you decide to wear, train in the shoes/boots you intend to use on the march. You should have at least 100 miles on your marching footwear.
Q. Can I use a hiking pole during the march?
A. Yes, those entered into the civilian category are allowed to use a pioneering pole or hiking pole. Those entered in the military categories may not.
For more information relating to the march and your category visit our Rules page and our FAQs page.