4.2 mile march.
Please note there are no awards given for the honorary category.
Minimum age to participate is 9-years-old, and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a member of the family who is 18 years or older.
If you do not have a bib you will not be able to march and will be removed from the course.
Bataan Safety Tips
Your safety is important to us! We recommend downloading and studying-up on our Safety Tips carefully before the march.SAFETY TIPS
Below you will find information on the most frequently asked about topics.
- No On-site Registration!
- No packet pick up the day of the march. You MUST pick up your packet and bib during our packet pick up dates. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you do not have a bib you can NOT do the march. If you do not have a bib you will be removed from the course by security.
- Refunds will NOT be authorized once registered nor will they be issued due to inclement weather or cancellation of the march. Specific situations such as military deployment or medical emergency will be taken into consideration, however the individual must contact us directly and provide appropriate documentation.
- You can NOT start the course if you arrive late. Be sure you are in your appropriate wave for the opening ceremony at 6:30 a.m., NO EXCEPTIONS for late starters.
- When you arrive at White Sands Missile Range please allow extra time while at the gate because of security procedures. All vehicles are subject to search. Be prepared to show photo identification, vehicle registration and proof of insurance (or rental car contract). We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
After TBA, changes may ONLY be made during packet pickup.
There will be a $50 fee for any changes made to any registration after TBA. This includes:
- Change to team members.
- Transfer of a bib number from one individual to another. This also requires a confirmation number.
- Converting a team to 5 individuals (change fee applies to each individual).
- Switching from one category to another. Also switching from full to honorary and vice versa.
- Changing an individual registration into a team registration will not be accepted at packet pickup. In the event that you have registered individually and would like to form a team instead, you must forfeit your individual registration and re-register your team. You will NOT receive a refund for the individual registration and must also pay the team registration fee. THIS MAY ONLY BE DONE PRIOR TO THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE.
Q. Are Hi Tech boots allowed?
A. Yes. They are encouraged to help prevent foot injuries.
Q. Is water and first aid available along the route?
A. There are 12 water points along the route. There are also several first aid stations.
Q. Are there portable toilets along the route?
A. There are 180 portable toilets along the route. We do suggest that you bring a bottle of hand sanitizer and/or baby wipes.
Q. How old must you be to participate?
A. Minimum age to participate is 13 years old providing the individual is registered and marching with a parent/guardian or a member of the family who is 18 years or older.
Q. Are wheelchairs allowed on the route?
A. No. Due to the terrain we are unable to make the course wheelchair accessible.
Q. Are strollers allowed on the route?
A. No. This includes jogging and baby strollers.
Q. Are pets allowed on the route?
A. No. Pets are not permitted on the course or at the march site. Exceptions are made for working dogs.
Q. What is the maximum time allowed to complete the march?
A. ALL marchers must be off the route at 8:00 p.m.
Q. I’m entering a non-military category – what type of shoe/boot do you recommend?
A. It really depends upon your goal. If you are running for time, you want a solid running shoe. If you are walking, you might consider a lightweight hiking boot. Whatever type of footwear you decide to wear, train in the shoes/boots you intend to use on the march. You should have at least 100 miles on your marching footwear.
Q. What is the weight limit for the heavy divisions?
A. Ruck plus frame must equal 35 lbs.
Q. What is an acceptable way to reach the 35 lbs for my backpack?
A. For the heavy category, we would like to encourage you to bring beans, rice, non perishable items, cans, macaroni, pasta, cat/dog food to use as weight in your backpack. Clear tape MUST be used when wrapping food items for weight, food cannot be wrapped with Duck Tape, Gorilla Tape, Electrical Tape, etc. At the conclusion for the march, you can drop your items in the bin and it will be donated to the Community Action Agency Food Bank. You may not pack logs, water, rocks, sand, or anything that can be replenished along the route.
March 16, 2023
2pm – 6pm
March 17, 2023
8am – 6pm
March 18, 2023
8am – 6pm